Monday, August 01, 2011

Oregon Coast Trip Journal

We just returned from a week long trip to the Oregon coast. 30 people spread between two beach houses, 17 of them children.

I always take a million pictures on trips. In fact, since having a digital camera, I probably have 10,000 + pictures on my computer. Not ONE of those pictures is printed. So for this trip, I took along my FUJI Instax camera, and plenty of Instax film.

Each child was made a journal for the trip. I used Oregon coast maps to cover it, and filled it with blank paper. I brought along plenty of colored pencils, glue (for gluing in tickets, maps, etc.) and photo tabs for mounting Instax pictures.

Each day, I took one photo of each child at one of the outings (the beach, sea lion caves, lighthouses, etc.) And each night we gathered to journal the day.  Here are a few outtakes from my daughters:


5 comments:

B Beach said...

These are awesome! You seriously have the best ideas!

megadog said...

Great idea. This will be a wonderful memory for them. Sounds like a great trip again as well.

Abbigail said...

perfection! Great idea.

Crafty Mama said...

I love this... maps on the journals, and the evening ritual. You have so many great ideas! Keep sharing, please!

HooverBirds said...

these are awesome & you're simply amazing. i love you. thanks for making those. i'm glad my kids will have aunts to make up for my slack.