Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Painting That Happened

I have it ladies, the secret to being an artist and a mother: You get a babysitter/nanny/ask-your-husband-to-take-time-off-work. There is no other way. Children need attention, and the under 5 crowd needs it, apparently, every four minutes.

So, an enormous thank you to two people who made this happen. My husband, number one. He works crazy hard so I can have the luxury of being a stay-at-home mom. Having him take off a few days of freelance work so I could do this painting felt borderline criminal, but he cheerled me all the way. And to my sister, a mother herself, who took a few hours away from her children to pose for me. I feel like my husband and sister deserve tons of praise for helping me do this.

My sister was so courageous to share her story and struggles with me for this painting. She is going through a bit of a rewrite in her life, and shared some thoughts with me that I wrote into the work.

This painting is exhibiting right now at the Rio Gallery in Salt Lake. The show opening is tomorrow, May 17th from 6 to 9. There are so many other fabulous artists that I have the privilege of exhibiting with, that you should see the show if you can.


5 comments:

Jessie said...

I love it Pam! What wonderful loved ones you have too!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful Pam. Truly. I read every quote, drank in every stroke. You're sister sounds amazing and you are amazing for capturing this moment for her. Congrats!

Emily Carruth Fuller said...

Thank you for your post!

Anne said...

Huzzah! I love it and am so proud of you. How long does the show run?

pamela said...

june 14th!