Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Kindergarten Wardrobe

A few months ago, someone asked M if she was excited about getting new school clothes for kindergarten. Well, M had no idea that such traditions existed. I have, since that time, been receiving notes from M entitled "My Scool Clos", with a drawing of something she would like me to make for her. Most are dresses, and most include matching gloves. She points out details - "this is a scarf mom" and "these dots should be sparkles". I keep trying to explain that kids now-a-days (and for the past 50 years or so) are wearing jeans and shorts, but, she has her heart set on these. Hmm. I have a mere 7 weeks to make all these for her.



12 comments:

B Beach said...

This is a tall order.

jodi said...

oh no. I remember making a comment like that to her....

I absolutely love this post. Lets dress her like Jackie-O for the first day.

pamela said...

YES jodi, it was you! and it's great, we love it.

Camille said...

PAM, that is so cute. She is going to be something grand one day (not like she's not grand now).

Abbigail said...

she is already designing clothes? GREAT sketches.

sixmoores said...

I can't wait to see what you whip up.

HooverBirds said...

what are those? toe socks?

pamela said...

katie, those are gloves...i thought they were toe socks too, but no, they are gloves.

Mindy said...

This is sooooo funny! I love her imagination.

Elle said...

This so hilarious, and so Milli.

Tammy said...

That's awesome! How creative- she designs clothing and believes in her Mama to just whip it up before school starts. Great idea.

rachelpinklovesunicorns said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I saw the link over on Craft. . . and I am floored at the awesomeness of you and your daughter. The clothes are amazing. This makes me want to sew!