Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Show

The night of the big show came. I made it to the gallery with the kids at 5. The show didn't open until 6, but I set up the 8 dozen brownies and 6 dozen donuts. I also still had to hang my title cards. The kids were pretty good as long as they were eating, but, that didn't last long. My sister Katie came and took them home around 6:30. Throughout the night we had many fun visitors including Todd and Jeni, my boss and some other coworkers, lots of family, including dedicated uncles, aunts and cousins. I'm really too tired to go over the whole thing right now - the past week we've averaged 3-4 hours of sleep per night. We had a good time and the overall response to the work was great.

There was one strange comment. I'm not sure if it was positive or negative, but a strange man yelled out "who are the artists" I said I was and I reached out to shake his hand but he just said "these are really cartoony". Other than that, not too many comments from strangers. All my family was very supportive and it was especially nice to have them all be so understanding. By that, I mean, many people commented that they were astounded that I could squeeze this into an already overbooked life. It made me feel good that people appreciated how difficult this was to do.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

oh pam! i love them, and i love your sweater! you guys did an awesome job! i bet you are so happy it's over and so proud of the result! way to go!

annek said...

Congratulations!! I relly love the pictures you posted! I wish I could have seen it in person...we tried to make it to the studio over Thanksgiving, but flu hit the fam and we didn't get much done while we were in Salt Lake. Congratulations...you are Super Woman!!

Anonymous said...

You two are truly amazing!!! Sorry we were out of town for the opening night.